Easiest Way to Cook Yummy Plain Scones, Fruit Scones and Cherry Scones with 680x482 Resolution
Plain Scones, Fruit Scones and Cherry Scones.
You can have Plain Scones, Fruit Scones and Cherry Scones using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Plain Scones, Fruit Scones and Cherry Scones
- Prepare 225 grams of Self raising flour.
- It’s Pinch of salt.
- You need 55 grams of butter.
- You need 35 grams of caster sugar.
- You need 150 ml of milk.
- Prepare 1 of beaten egg to glaze.
- You need of Dried, frozen or glazed cherries.
- Prepare of Dried fruit mix.
Plain Scones, Fruit Scones and Cherry Scones instructions
- Heat the oven to 220C/200C Fan/Gas 7 and lightly grease a baking tray..
- Mix together the flour and salt and rub in the butter. Stir in the sugar and then the milk to get a soft dough. Ensure hands are dry and apply flour..
- Turn on to a floured work surface and knead very lightly. Divide at this stage and add your filling of choice just folding the mix gently as you knead. Pat out to a round 2cm/¾in thick. Use a 5cm/2in cutter (or tall, thin mug) to stamp out rounds and place on the baking tray. Lightly knead together the rest of the dough and stamp out more scones to use it all up..
- Brush the tops of the scones with the beaten egg. Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until well risen and golden-brown.
- Cool on a wire rack and serve with butter, a good jam and maybe some clotted cream..
DISCLAIMER: This image is provided only for personal use. If you found any images copyrighted to yours, please contact us and we will remove it. We don't intend to display any copyright protected images.