Easiest Way to Prepare Yummy My mom's Meatloaf with 680x482 Resolution
My mom's Meatloaf. Add beef; mix lightly but thoroughly. In large bowl mix beef, chopped onions, bread and half of the milk with hands. Slowly add the remainder of the milk if needed – too much will make the mixture to runny and it won't form the loaf.
And once they are cooked, no one realizes they're even there. —Kelly Simmons, Hopkinsville, Kentucky. Form the meat mixture into two loaf shapes on a broiler rack with slits and a bottom section for catching drippings. Make sure that the food thermometer is inserted into the center of the meatloaf for the most accurate reading. You can have My mom's Meatloaf using 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of My mom's Meatloaf
- You need 3 lbs of ground beef at least 87 lean.
- It’s 3 tablespoons of butter.
- You need of Ritz crackers.
- You need of Green pepper diced.
- It’s of Diced yellow onion.
- Prepare of Sliced yellow onion.
- Prepare of Onion mix.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- It’s 1 of big can of whole peeled tomatoes.
- You need 3 tablespoons of flour.
- You need Teaspoon of parsley.
- You need Teaspoon of basil.
Momma's Meatloaf is a classic meatloaf that has the best flavor ever! This meatloaf recipe is easy to make, holds together, and has the best glaze on top! At this point, take your meatloaf out of the oven and with a spoon or paper towel, get rid of excess grease, as well as any fat that might have accumulated. It depends on the thickness of your loaf.
My mom's Meatloaf step by step
- In a small pan, heat some olive oil and brown the onion and green pepper until tender. Set aside to cool.
- Mix beef, some cumin, salt and pepper, crushed Ritz crackers, cooked onion and green pepper, onion mix.
- Form into a loaf this is what it should look like. In oven 1.5 hours 375 degrees.
- Now for the sauce: in a new and deeper pan melt 3 tablespoons of butter and cook 1 sliced onion until clear. Add some basil and salt and pepper.
- Add the 3 tablespoons of flour and stir constantly for about 3 mins (medium heat).
- Dump all the canned tomatoes with medium high heat and cut up the tomatoes as they cook.
- Fill the tomato can up with water and add stepwise until it's empty. Stir frequently.
- Let simmer for a while then turn off heat..
- When meatloaf is done take out of oven and let it rest for 5 mins, put in new dish then pour sauce on top of it. Cook in oven same heat for 10 mins.
- Remove and let it rest for 10 mins. Serve with rice and a green veggie. Garnish with parsley. Enjoy.
Crumble meat over mixture and mix well. Sprinkle with onion and bread crumbs; mix gently. A bit about my family's "special" meatloaf: My grandmother and mother used saltine cracker crumbs in place of fresh or dried breadcrumbs in a whole host of recipes. Truth told: Saltines, when moistened in milk until soft, are: more flavorful than breadcrumbs, and, they maintain a bit of texture too. Transfer meat into a large loaf pan and press it down evenly into the pan.
DISCLAIMER: This image is provided only for personal use. If you found any images copyrighted to yours, please contact us and we will remove it. We don't intend to display any copyright protected images.